Thursday 27 March 2014

Final Titles

Independently, I have created the final titles for the sequence, I have used different sections of adobe premier and looked online at youtube.com tutorials to help me. I started by using the transitions and adobe premier provided me with, but by delving deeper into the program I could see that there were more technical ways to create the 'fades' and the 'slides' I wanted for the titles. It has taken me a reasonable amount of time to create these titles as I worked extremely hard to get them perfect for our opening. I had to use more features in adobe premier and I made use of photoshop. I placed the titles I wanted to create onto a grid and  had to ensure that the positioning was right, for example the 'a pcla film' had to slide on, so I needed to ensure that I create the right feeling for the audience. I feel that by using my initiative and looking at tutorials online, I have broadened by skills set which will help me within the future and help me when I progress with the media course. I used a different font for the two companies we have used

motion cube pictures presents 














a pcla film















However I then changed the font for the other titles (director, producer, etc).
We finally decided on the harting font, as it fit in the genre for a psychological thriller theme that we wanted to match our opening sequence. The font we used looked like it had been scratched. It was used to give the audience an eery feel. It was used to build tension. I hoped that my group would agree with the way I created the titles and the way I had presented them to create meaning for the audience. These titles were also placed in different parts of the screen, and the way that the sound matches them, creates dramatic tension for the audience. However later on in the sequence, we see the crew titles appear on the action. Although, the director is seen as the most important figure in making the opening sequence, their title has been enlarged and centred in the screen to show importance. 





















Overall, I think that I have created meaning for the audience. I spent a lot of time focusing on the titles and watching other psychological thriller opening sequences such as films created by Alfred Hitchcock within this genre. I believe that I have used films such as  'Se7en' and 'Psycho' to influence me in terms of font and technically the way that the titles enter and exit the screen. I looked in detail at how long a title should stay on the screen for in order for the audience to be able to read it but to avoid the audience becoming bored, as this would completely defeat the object of keeping the audience engaged and keeping a constant state of meaning for the audience to relate to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment