Wednesday 9 October 2013

How can genre aid me in relation to my brief?

Genre is the basis for any film or clip. It defines what the media is, whether it is a horror or a love story. Genre will determine whether the film appeals to the audience or not. Within genre, we have hybrid genres; this is the mixing of two genres into one, for example a rom-com (romantic/comedy). Genre can also alter how the film is edited, the audio, planned and produced, this could then potentially change the film completely. Sub-genres are different forms of the same genre. If I chose that in my 2 minute opening clip that the genre was going to thriller then I would use the following components;
  • low lighting 
  • low camera angles
  • dark costumes
  • tense music
  • quick cuts

No comments:

Post a Comment